VOLUNTEER WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
I hereby accept a position as a Volunteer for Habitat for Hounds Animal Rescue, Inc. (also referred to as H4H Animal Rescue) upon the following terms, conditions and understandings:
Terms and Conditions
1. My services to H4H Animal Rescue, Inc. are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, unemployment compensation, and workers compensation accrual in any form, vacations or sick time.
3. I will familiarize myself and comply with H4H Animal Rescue policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. In particular, I fully understand that H4H Animal Rescue expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals under its care. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer.
4. I understand that I am a representative of Habitat for Hounds Animal Rescue, and I will present myself in a professional manner including good hygiene and proper clothing attire.
5. I will not make decisions on behalf of the organization or the animals in the organization or provide opportunities that are not approved by the Coordinators or Board of Director.
1. I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities including but not limited to fundraisers, adopt-a-pet events, fostering, and transporting animals on behalf of the Habitat for Hounds Animal Rescue, Inc. may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property including death. On behalf of myself, and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless H4H Animal Rescue, Inc. and it’s directors, officers, volunteers, members and agents from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of ARF.
2. I understand that H4H Animal Rescue, Inc. does not maintain an insurance policy covering any circumstances arising from my participation in any volunteer activities.
3. I understand that public relations is an important part of a Volunteer’s activities and I hereby authorize H4H Animal Rescue to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relations purposes. I ask that H4H Animal Rescue use reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relations purposes.
4. By submitting this, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing waiver of liability, which includes the terms & conditions and release, understand it and agree to it voluntarily. I am at least 18 years of age and fully competent.